Youth Cancer Europe is leading the work on equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) within EU-CAYAS-NET, a project co-funded by the European Commission, which brings together leading organisations from 18 countries active in the childhood and youth cancer field (https://beatcancer.eu/about-us/). Our mission is to map existing resources, create new European guidelines, and empower young people living with and beyond cancer to advocate for their rights and needs. As part of this mission, we aim to better address Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) issues and provide inclusive care for patients from underrepresented communities affected by cancer.
With this in mind, Youth Cancer Europe invites experienced organizations to submit proposals for designing and developing an EDI training program. We would appreciate it if you could express your preliminary interest as soon as possible, even as you prepare the complete proposal.
The EDI training program should include the following elements:
1. EDI Toolkit:
• Comprehensive curriculum: Covering a wide range of EDI topics, including understanding different types of discrimination, unconscious bias, cultural competency, inclusive language and communication, promoting equity, and accessibility in healthcare and research.
• Customization: Tailoring the program to the specific needs and context of each target audience, including 1) healthcare providers, 2) researchers, and 3) patient communities and non-governmental organisations.
• Engagement and interactivity: Utilising various interactive learning methods and activities, such as group discussions, case studies, role-plays, and more, to actively engage participants.
• Flexibility: Adapting the program for both online and in-person delivery, ensuring accessibility for all participants, regardless of their geographical location.
• Train-the-Trainer model: Equipping key individuals with the skills and knowledge to pass on the training within their institutions, promoting sustainable and widespread dissemination of EDI best practices.
• Evaluation and feedback: Incorporating opportunities for participant feedback and mechanisms for evaluating the effectiveness of the training and identifying areas for improvement.
2. In-Person Training:
• Three training sessions (one for each audience) of 3 days/session will be held in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, with 20 participants/session.
• Participants will be introduced to EDI concepts and instructed in using the toolkit.
3. Timeline for delivery:
• First draft of the toolkit completed by November 2023, with the final version to be ready to deploy at the in-person training.
• In-person training taking place between April 2024 and June 2024.
4. Language: English.
Please include the following information in your proposal:
• A detailed description of your proposed training program, including curriculum, learning objectives, and delivery methods for each target audience.
• Your organization’s experience and expertise in designing and delivering EDI training, particularly in the context of healthcare and addressing the needs of patients from underrepresented communities affected by cancer.
• A timeline for the development and implementation of the program.
• A proposed budget, including a breakdown of costs for design, development, and delivery of the program.
• Samples of previous EDI training programs developed and delivered by your organisation, as well as any relevant testimonials or references.
As you prepare your proposal, please be aware that we will be evaluating submissions based on several criteria (your organisation’s past experience, particularly with EDI training within healthcare contexts. Secondly, the quality and adaptability of your proposed curriculum and learning methods, including how well these can be tailored to our specific needs. Thirdly, the cost-effectiveness of your proposal, particularly with regard to the balance between budget and perceived value. Finally, your capacity to deliver within our required timeline, which includes finalizing a toolkit by the end of 2023 and conducting in-person training between April 2024 and June 2024.
The deadline for submitting proposals is July 31st. Please send your proposal as a single PDF file to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or need further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to receiving your proposal! Thank you for your interest in supporting EU-CAYAS-NET and our mission to promote Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in the youth cancer community.